Twenty Something

I have too much mood for reading today. I read everything in front of me. I even have time to search deep down to my old folders and re-read my old writing or notes that I saved. Anyhow, I found this part of song by Jamie Cullum, and remember how much I like the lyrics at that time:

After years of expensive education
A car full of books and anticipation
I'm an expert on Shakespeare and that's a hell of a lot
But the world don't need scholars as much as I thought
Maybe I'll go traveling for a year
Finding myself, or start a career
I could work for the poor, though I'm hungry for fame
We all seem so different but we're just the same
Maybe I'll go to the gym, so I don't get fat
Aren't things more easy, with a tight six pack
Who knows the answers, who do you trust
I can't even separate love from lust
Maybe I'll move back home and pay off my loans
Working nine to five, answering phones
But don't make me live for my Friday nights
Drinking eight pints and getting in fights
Don't wanna get up, just have a lie in
Leave me alone, I'm a twentysomething
Maybe I'll just fall in love
That could solve it all
Philosophers say that that's enough
There surely must be more
Love ain't the answer, nor is work
The truth eludes me so much it hurts
But I'm still having fun and I guess that's the key
I'm a twentysomething and I'll keep being me

I'm a twentysomething, let me lie in
Leave me alone, I'm a twentysomething

I always thought what will I do after these years of expensive education? Will my college textbook be useful then? And is it true, that the world don't need as many scholars as I thought?

Twenty Something. Well, this is the golden age. When the formal education end, and you are entering the longest and hardest education level : life. This would happen to me next year. Will have to think exactly what I wanna be and what I really wanna do after college.

What I really wanna do?? Travel around the world.. Discover new things.. Read as many books as I want.. Work with the poor.. Et cetera, et cetera.. I have lists of "100 things I want to do before I die", and keep adding as the time goes by.

But wait,, what does it take? Yeah right ladies and gentlemen. Money. I have to work my ass out to earn money for all those things. I could stay working all day long, doesn't matter, as long as I have my dreams up high..

And I hope someday, when my motivation is in the lowest level, I hope I can find this piece of writing. And upgrade by motivation level.

Hey, I'm twenty something. Leave me alone!!

Komentar