Rough draft for early 2011..


I'm so excited of welcoming 2011. This year, there's a big chance that I'll graduate. I'm excited for life I'll had after years of expensive education and room full with books and anticipations. Not to mention that my future is as blurry as my eyes when I don't wear glassess, but I'm sure I'll find something if I uncover the mist.

One big decision that I made in the end of 2010 is that I'm not applying for master degree. It's a hard decision to NOT EVEN TRY. But I still have this broad perspective about things I'm interested in, and I need more time to think and get more informations, about my future subject. "I just want to try living abroad" is unacceptable and inadequate reason to apply for master. One of my seniors said: "When you don't know which path will you choose after graduation, try consulting company. You'll find may different jobs provided out there, and work with the professionals on that era. Therefore, you'll get more objectives perspective about some jobs.". It's make sense, because in some field, you need experience it by yourself. I get some informations about job as a consultant, and for a broad person like me, I guess that's one of most promising job I can take. I hope to have internship in consulting company next year.

I will treat this last semester as a last chance to experience life. I want to try many things that I regret not doing it earlier, because I was too busy catching other dreams.

I want to read lots of books, my desk is full with books that I haven't read (which still at the same position, and still covered by plastic, since the last time I bought). I want to read more about writings from Pramoedya, Ayu Utami, and Karen Armstrong. Specific, because I've had their books that still in plastics. Next, I want to re-read books from George Orwell, Adolf Huxley, Gabriel Garcia Marques, Paulo Coelho, and Agatha Christie, because I read their books in such a very young age so that I can't really catch their meaning at that time.

I want to travel to places I've never been. Really put efforts in blended with the culture, and getting to know the people. I guess I spend too much my travelling experience to admiring nature, and I forget another important part: people and culture. I also find an urgency to make photo essays about places I've been before, so someday when I'm seeking for inspiration, I can find it on my dashboard.

I want to win a competition. This is an ambitious desire. My last winning in competition is in mathematic competition in junior high, and I want to have those feelings again when you hold the goblet or medal in front of people. Yes it's true that I won several sports competition as a team, but this time, I want to do it in a non-sport area.

I want to sit in classes that I think it's interesting. I find that my year in college is not so "academic", so I want to deepen my knowledge on some field. I forget the joy of learning and too focus on getting my assignments and paper done, without enjoying the process. This time, I want to study because I WANT to, not because I have to follow the curriculum guide. And I will for sure attending "supply chain management" and "decision analysis" class, but with no grade on it (so that my intention is far from "grade-earning").

I want to do internships. Maybe in consulting company, or in starbucks. Working in starbucks as a barrista is my high school passion, and I still want to try for it. And internship in consulting company? I don't need to say anything.

I want to participate in summer school or international conference. A long way to go, but there's a miracle when we believe.

I want to teach the unfortunate. This time, being regularly, and I want to design all from scratch. The curriculum, the learning method, the media. Another ambitious goal.

I want to learn language. I found a nice site to learn Spanish in the web, freely. For me, spanish is the sexiest language of all time, and if you're a guy, you'll get +30 points for your appearance, if you can speak spanish ;) And beside, I consider french or german language in a second list.

Most of all, I need to WRITE, write, and write. Join essays competitions may boost up the spirit, but I want to write more and more, and try to make my writing concise and full of informations. Writing is the weakest aspect in my IELTS result, and that seems like a slap on my face.

Anyhow, this is just a rough draft, anything can happen. I want to fast forward in 6 months from now to find out which of this goals I can achieve ;)

Komentar