Thanks for the Memories :)


" Stop this train,
I want to get off and go home again.
I can't take the speed it's moving in,
I know I can't,
but honestly,
won't someone stop this train?"

(Stop this Train - John Mayer)

In our life, there is time to say hello. There's also time to say goodbye. I'm not good at both. You probably won't like me on the first time we met, and I'm just too shy to make something spectacular so that you can remember me.

Remember the graduation, the sadness when your time is running out. The excitement of getting a new stage of life. The fear that you won't meet something as comfort as you have now. The worry that your new friend won't be as fun as you have now. The point is, you are worry that your life may get worse in the next stage.

I planned to write this article at my last day in my previous work. But the surprise farewell present they gave me, just make me cried all night long, thinking how much I loved, and thinking that those were too much than I deserved. I countlessly reviewed the draft article and erased it. No words are enough to represent my feeling.

I only worked 4 months in my previous office. If I stayed there a little bit longer, I'm sure I would find my "comfort zone" and never have an urge to be better. I haven't found my passion yet and I have to keep moving. So I decided to leave when I finished my contract.

"Don't be sad because it ends. Be grateful that this is happened"

Coming as a fresh graduate who knows nothing about banking industry, I have to learn a lot in my first week. People in here were those who believe that I'm capable of anything if I'm willing to work hard. They were very smart people but always welcome to share their knowledge and experience. I could not ask for better job environment.

I met not only great friends, but also family. Moving from college life to work life was a very big deal for me, and it's not easy. They heard my concern and help me get out from my "galau period". We have breakfast, lunch, even dinner together. How often you can find that at any other office?

There are times when I have to work late, due to the amount of work that day, or because I have to study for my job test at other companies. I almost never be alone. They stay a little bit longer to accompany me. They track my progress, give me suggestion before the test, and even hear all my blabbering when I freaked out. I remember that day when I got rejected from my dream company and felt like the future is not as bright as I dreamed before. They keep supporting me and saying that it's their loss that the company don't accept me. That I have to see straight ahead and keep moving.

When I got bored at work, I always have someone to laugh with. I never found any discussion as fun and as crazy as we had in the gtalk conference, and they still allow me to participate now, even when I don't work there anymore. Not to mention an enormous amount of BBM, even in the late night or early morning.

1 week in new office. 2 weeks from my farewell.

I'm on new stage. It could be better, it could be worse than before. But I have to keep moving, and not looking back.

Dear eks UKMI,
thanks for the memories.

Lets meet again when both of our cars collide :)

Komentar