The Day You Went Away


We were almost there, counting on our wedding day. You once told me to pick up peach, my favourite color. So I did. A glimpse in the gown, a perfect match with baby blue –your favourite color- in our wedding invitation, and of course, in our wedding decoration. All of our friends and relatives will also be dressed (and suit) in the same tone of color. Oh I can’t wait for the D-day!

This was also your idea to make the tip of my gown to brush the floor. The marble tile won’t ruin the shape, nor makes it dirty! And I will look absolutely awesome and elegant at the same time, you said. I agree. Besides, it makes me feel like I’m a princess. So I go with your idea. But the final design of this gown remains a mistery to you. I leave it for you to find out in the wedding day J

I’m trying up my wedding dress, looking myself in the mirror and happy with all the diet and workouts in these past 6 months. I look THAT good in the mirror so I’m sure that Prince Williams will ask me to be his second wife if he see me with this gown!

Then my phone rang. The name “my prince charming” was written as the caller. I was so excited. “Hello sweetheart!”, I said. But that was not you. That’s the police, informing your death. You were doing your usual afternoon jogging in the complex and a drunk driver hit you. Hard enough to smashed your head like a baseball player smashed a watermelon with his bat. A sudden death, fast enough so you didn’t feel any pain, they assumed. And I don’t buy it. You are dead.

I feel lost. I don’t know what to do. The world is spinning around and then I faint. God, tell me it’s only a dream. I promise I would not cracking up when my period comes. I promise I won’t treat you like my driver in the weekend. I promise to not pointing at your finger and bark like a dog when arguing. And I promise to left my ego behind and tell you that I really love you. One thing that you’re asking for.

---

If happy ending does exist, I still holding you in my hands.
I wake up and feel the warmth of your hand. “You’ve been sleeping for a while, honey.” you said. “Let’s go for a walk”. And we’re walking through the pedestrian. I’m afraid that you would get hit like in my dream, so I walk in the near-street side. I feel so happy. I grasp your hand tighter and you’re smiling at me.

I was about to say that I love you so much when my mom called my name. Oh, not now, Mom!

---

“So sad but true, for me it’s only you. Been crying since the day, the day you went away”  (The Day you went away - M2M.)

I turn around and see my mom’s panicked face. Truth is, I just wake up from my faint. Still wearing my wedding dress. And there she is, crying. Saying “I’m sorry to hear that dear, I’m sorry.”. What mom? I’m really confused. “Rick has died. Car accident. I’m sorry, dear.”

I see my hand. I felt nothing. I’m pretty sure that I feel his hand just second ago. I fainted again. Hoping to see Rick again.

This time, I’ll try to kiss him. J

---
“In another life, I would make you stay. So I don’t have to say you are the one that got away. The one that got away”  (The one that got away – Katy Perry)

Komentar