Life is a journey between check points


Nowadays I think that life is just a journey between one check point to another check point. Remember first day in college, when adaptation is not as easy as in our earlier education? It's like you play the early stage of a game, things are actually easy, you just not getting used to it. When you're familiar with how to play it, it's like you've found pattern in college. Juggling between homework, tests, organizational activities, social life, and still have to maintain life on your own. Things are actually getting more difficult, but you enjoy playing it, because you too, getting better at playing the games.

Same thing happen with every semester. You have slow pace at the beginning. You get bored in the middle. You suddenly have your motivation back near the end and coming back stronger and ready to face any difficult obstacles in the end. You are that eager to finish that level, to destroy any monster that blocked your way. But when you're finished, it's just another check point. You have new level awaiting after that.

That's also how I feel in life at work. My company set quarter evaluation for management trainee program. I was very excited in the beginning. I was so eager to learn all the new things in front of me. It's like I have a lot of delicious food in my table and I want to taste it all. I get so mentally tired at night, but waking up again the next morning, ready to learn. In the middle I found it become a routine, though learning different thing each day, basically what I do daily is just waking up, learning at work, going home, watching tv, and sleep. The same routine that makes me a little bit bored. And then the closest check point coming soon. My computer can't stand the amount of data I have to work with every day, it hangs when it can :D I work late almost everyday, but it's not that I'm forced to work that hard, it is just: I want to win this game. I enjoy my game, I don't know why time passed so quickly. When the D-day is coming, I used all the weapon that I got and try to win this game.

I finished another check point yesterday. This morning, I wake up and realize, I've finished another level. Today is the beginning of my next level. The pace might be slow in the beginning, but it will get more exciting in a few upcoming days. When the things get hard, I just want to remember that, this too, shall pass. My check point is waiting, and after that, it is just another level to conquer :)

Life is a challenging game to play, isn't it?
But in life, you got no extra life. Once you messed up, you die :D


"In three words, I can sum up all I've learned about life: it goes on"
(Robert Frost)

Komentar