Eat. Pray. Love.

Elizabeth:
“I want to have a lasting experience of God. Sometimes I feel like I understand the divinity of this world, but then I lose it because I get distracted by my petty desires and fears. I want to be with God all the time. But I don’t want to be a monk, or totally give up worldly pleasures. I guess what I want to learn is how to live in this world and enjoy its delights, but also devote myself to God.”

Balinese medicine man:
“To find the balance you want, this is you must become. You must keep your feet grounded so firmly on the earth that it’s like you have four legs, instead of two. That way, you can stay in the world. But you must stop looking at the world through your head. You must look through your heart, instead. That way, you will know God.”
[Eat, pray, love. Elizabeth Gilbert]

-----------

I’ve only read some chapters of this book, but I think I really love this book. Not only it’s about a woman search about everything, but because the author (seems to me) write this book honestly, and what she thinks is like many others think too. Like this one.


That we have to have balance in life. That we surely can achieve world’s pleasure, and in the same time, peacefulness in heart. That the only way we can be close to God, is not by asking God’s existence, but rather, feel it by heart. Because there is always something words can’t describe, logic can’t explain, eyes can’t see, but heart does that all.


I want to be happy. I want to take what the world can offer. And I want to have a spiritual journey in my heart. And I want to balance both of them.


Eat. Pray. Love.


Been doing that and can’t be happier. Continue reading :)

Komentar