Holiday is a Holy Day!

From wikipedia:
“The word "holiday" comes from the Old English word hāligdæg. The word originally referred only to special religious days. In modern use, it means any special day of rest or relaxation, as opposed to normal days off work or school. The word derived from the notion of "Holy Day", and gradually evolved to its current form.”

I agree that holiday is a “Holy-Day”. This weekend I have three days off because of the easter. I was really excited to see the days coming from last week, since my school load was at the peak because of exams, assignments, and lab activities. With the deprived sleeps I had those days, 3 days off seems like a really great present, and I wonder how much things can be done at those days. So I made a list about things I’ll do on the weekend. And surprisingly, it’s a really really long lists. From movies I have to watch (about 5 of them), books I want to finish (as you all know, it still “eat pray love” since I had a hard time finding a spare time), lots of shopping, exercising, and many more. Oh don’t forget I that I have to finish 5 assignments that due this week. Sweet.


And I don’t know why it felt so fast. Today is Sunday afternoon. Which means that my “holy-day” will be over tonight. Tomorrow I’ll have 7 am class (on Monday, no wonder there’s a phrase: “I hate Monday”. I certainly do), and more sleep deprivation is coming up. I haven’t done even half of the “things I’ll do on the weekend” and it’s almost over. Maybe I made the list too long. But what I want to stressed in here is: “I always running out of time”. I wonder what’s the problem. Is it because of my bad time management, or simply because I always taking too much from what I can handle?


I wonder if I get the term holiday wrong. Maybe holy day just means to be a relax day. When it doesn't feel bad just to stay all day in the house and get relax. Maybe in the next holiday I really shouldn't make a list. And just enjoying the peace with doing nothing.


What I only need is more time to sit in silence. Away from the hustle and bustle. What I only need is a solitary moment when I can read as many books as I want, listening to laid back songs, and drink a cup of hot tea. Maybe next holiday?

Komentar